Malawian Launch of the Global State of Tobacco Harm Reduction Report
No Fire, No Smoke: The Global State of Tobacco Harm Reduction report, which maps for the first time the accessibility and consumption of safer nicotine products at the global, regional and national level was successfully launched in Malawi on 13th March 2019 at Golden Peacock Hotel. The report launch was followed by a dialogue session on tobacco harm reduction.
Read and download a Report for the GSTHR report launch and a dialogue session in Malawi which contain resolutions and issues that transpired during the events.
PowerPoint presentations made
- Establishing the health and socioeconomic impact of tobacco smoking in Malawi
Wilfred Jekete - Tobacco Harm Reduction Scholarship holder & Tobacco Harm Reduction, Malawi
- Tobacco economics and tobacco harm reduction
Sahan Benjamin Lungu - Tobacco Harm Reduction Advocate, Malawi
- Presentation by Kevin Molloy - Knowledge-Action-Change, UK
- Experiences of a smoker who quit with vaping- Jessica Harding - New Nicotine Alliance, UK
- Official unveiling of “No Fire, No Smoke: the Global State of Tobacco Harm Reduction” report
Professor Gerry Stimson - Knowledge-Action-Change, UK